- Request notifications for your deliveries via phone or email.
- Require a signature on your deliveries to ensure packages are not left unattended
- Schedule delivery for when you can be home to receive them.
- Set up a vacation hold if you plan on traveling so gifts aren’t left unattended.
- Install security cameras outside your home where packages may be delivered.
- Contact police immediately if you think your package has been stolen.
- Ask your neighbors to grab your packages for safekeeping until you return home.
Residents should note that around the holidays, mail carriers such as Amazon and FedEx contract independent carriers to help deliver items during peak season. These independent carriers typically drive their own vehicles that have no affiliation markers. Residents should be mindful of these individuals who are oftentimes mistaken as thieves when dropping off packages on behalf of carriers or delivery companies.