The Concord Bridge subscribes to the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ)code of ethics, https://www.spj.org/ethicscode.asp. SPJ believes that public enlightenment is the forerunner of justice and the foundation of democracy. Ethical journalism strives to ensure the free exchange of information that is accurate fair and thorough. The four principles of ethical journalism are to
- Seek truth and report It
- Minimize harm
- Act Independently
- Be accountable and transparent
An ethical journalist acts with integrity. and we believe that fundamental to ethical journalism is being accountable and transparent in our work. Our journalists should:
- Explain ethical choices and process to audiences. Encourage a civil dialogue with the public about journalistic practices, coverage and news content.
- Respond quickly to questions about accuracy, clarity and fairness.
- Acknowledge mistakes and correct them promptly. Explain corrections and clarifications carefully and clearly.
- Expose unethical conduct in journalism, including within their organizations.
- Abide by the same high standards they expect of others.